vrijdag 29 februari 2008

Jacquelyn Frank - Gideon

Gideon is the oldest among his race and a very powerful healer. Several years ago when his desire for his King’s sister Magdalegna became uncontrollable, he left her wanting and furious. Then the unthinkable happened during the Hallowed moon a year later, Gideon stalked a human female and tried to seduce her, but he is caught by the Enforcer and good friend Jacob. Ashamed of what he almost done Gideon exiled himself away from his people for years. But now he is back with his people, trying hard to keep Magdalegna and the rest of his race safe from the Necromancers, humans hunters who are summoning Demons by using their true name and turn them into evil and eventual kills them.
Gideon is determined to keep Magdalegna away from his heart, not wanting to let the past repeat itself.

Magdalegna is a powerful mind demon but recently she discovered that her powers are growing fast and getting stronger to a point that it even scares her. The only person, who can help her control those new powers is the last person she wants to see. Several years ago Gideon left her after they kissed not knowing it would leave a mark on both of them. When she hears the story of Gideon stalking a human female and trying to seduce her, the pain hit her hard. When Necromancers almost killed her she cannot ignore the strong attraction between them any longer, especially when she discovers Gideon is her mate.

The Necromancer are attacking on a regular bases now, so it’s up to Gideon, Magdalegna and the rest of the Demons to stop them, before anyone is hurt or even worse…death. The number one target of the Necromancers is Legna´s best friend Isabella and her unborn child.

Will they be able to save their race from their enemies?

Quote (Damien to Gideon):
“Gideon, you old dog, you have taken a mate.” The vampire Prince accused with humour sparkling from those fathomless eyes. “And I believe she finds me quite attractive.”

Quote (Gideon to Legna and versa):
“Your beauty and seductions of my body and my mind fail. You should crave that they fail, because I promise you that you do not wish to meet my unfettered temper, Magdalegna. The last time it saw the light of day I screamed for the heads of an entire race! Stop trespassing in this territory, I warn you!

“This is my territory”, she shouted with a heated rasp. “As empathy and as your mate, this is my territory! You are my territory! Mine! Ugly or beautiful, raging or passionate, you are mine for the rest of our existence, Gideon, just as you claim I am yours, and I will not let you feed yourself to me in select little bites and bits. I will have all of you or I will turn my back on you and take nothing at all.”

Gideon by Jacquelyn Frank is the second novel in the Nightwalkers series and I loved it. The world she created is intriguing, fabulous,full of danger, love and gorgeous alpha males.

The main-characters Gideon and Legna are both strong individuals and sometimes a little stubborn, but when they realizes that they are mates for eternity they will find a way to make their relationship work. Gideon is one of the oldest of his kind and a powerful healer he exiled himself after stalking a human female. He is punished by the Enforcer Jacob, who happened to be his best friend and that left some marks on both of them. But he cannot forget his King’s sister Legna, the woman who sets his heart on fire. So when Legna is in danger and needs his help he cannot stay away.

Magdalegna is the youngest sister of King Noah and a very strong mind Demon. After the kiss she shared with Gideon years ago her world is turn upside down. She was hurt when Gideon left her and disappeared for years. But neither of them knew the kiss left a mark on both of them. Now her powers are growing and Gideon is the only one who can teach her.

During the story you see some interesting secondary characters King Noah and warrior Elijah, they are quite impressive alpha males. Jacob and Isabella are playing a huge role in this novel, especially when the Necromancers want Isabella and her unborn child death. There are also some new great characters in this books that caught my attention. Siena, the Lycanthrope Queen whom is joining the battle against their enemies and she left her mark on Elijah.
Also joining the battle is Damien, the vampire prince and a close friend of Gideon and of course very gorgeous.

I truly can say I’m a huge fan of Jacquelyn Frank and her Nightwalkers. From the first novel she lured me into this new world she created and I didn’t want to leave that world when I finished the books. I cannot wait to read the next novel in this series and see what happens to Elijah and Siena.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
BLOG DESIGN CREATED BY DESIGNS BY BARBARA. SWIRL BRUSH BY OBSIDIAN DAWN.