woensdag 16 maart 2011

Nicole MacDonald - The Arrival


Title : The Arrival
Series : The BirthRight Trilogy #1
Release : December 2010
Publisher : Smashwords
Genre : Contemporary / Fantasy Romance

When Catherine “Cat”, Sian, Laura “Loi” and Kassandra “Kassie” from New Zealand cast a love spell one night to find their soul mates, they couldn’t imagine that this will transport them to another world, where magic, other creatures and evil are normal.

Waking up outside in the woods, along with Lucky the cat and Audrey the dog, they discover that all they have are the clothes they are wearing, some food, weapons and strange money. They realize that they are not on Earth anymore and know that they have to adapt to the life there and hope to find this sorceress Elena, who will be powerful enough to hopefully transport them back home to Earth.

Then one night during a battle against evil, the four friends hold their grounds against them and are about to meet their other half, when they faces the Griffon Guards.

The arrival by Nicole MacDonald is the first novel in her BirthRight Trilogy and also her debut. When the author approach me through my Blog and ask if I was interested in reviewing her novel, I couldn’t refuse especially when I read the blurb she send me. Boy, what a surprise it was, the story is well build and kept my attention all the way through the book.

I love all the characters, especially the women. On Earth all four women are practicing a form of martial art and with the battles they having on this new planet, its definitely a bonus. Although the book is written from several points of views, it was clear to me that Cat has a bigger part in this whole thing; her attraction to the leader of the Griffon Guards has a purpose. The switching between characters bothered me in the beginning, but after reading a couple chapters I realize that it was needed to tell the whole story.

The interactions and the growing relationships between the four women and the Griffon Guards are fabulous. Even though the women just met them, you can see the growing affection and trusts towards them, telling us they might be their soul mates they were looking for.

The only downside of this book is the huge cliffhanger at the end, leaving the reader desperate to get his or her hands on the next book, including me. So lets hope that the wait for the second book won’t be long.

If you are looking for a fabulous book with some strong kick-ass heroines, mixed with their gorgeous soul mates, magic and other beings, then I truly recommend this novel.

I’m definitely going to keep my eyes on this author and sees what she has in store for us next.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
BLOG DESIGN CREATED BY DESIGNS BY BARBARA. SWIRL BRUSH BY OBSIDIAN DAWN.