donderdag 24 juni 2010

Stephenie Meyer - Eclipse


The story continues, Bella and Edward are back together and discussing Bella’s future. Edward thinks Bella has to graduate and after that they will see if and when Bella will be joining him and the Cullen Family forever. But her best friend Jacob Black isn’t happy about that and will do anything to prevent that from happening. He loves Bella too and hopes to convince her to choose him and stay human.

Victoria is still after Bella to destroy Edward for killing her love and she’s creating a whole bunch of new vampires on the way. This battle can only be won if the vampires and werewolves, true enemies to each other, will work together to keep Bella save and destroy Victoria and her newly vamps.

Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer is the third book in the Twilight series and I have to be honest that I have some mixed feelings about this book. I loved the first two books Twilight and New Moon, but this one was a little disappointed, maybe it has something to do with the way Jacob handle things.

I already knew that the triangle between Bella, Edward and Jacob would become a problem. When two men are going to fight over one woman that cannot be good and one of them will get hurt along the way. Although Bella’s love for Edward is huge, she also suddenly discovers she has feelings for Jacob. Okay, I find that a little hard to believe after the last book. In New Moon she left Jacob and their friendship behind the moment she hears that Edward wants to commit suicide and now she finds it difficult to choose between them.

I really expected that Edward would fight for her or drop her at some time, but nope he took it all and didn’t do anything about it. And don’t get me started about Jacob, don’t get me wrong I really liked his character in the previous book. He was the one who got Bella out of that depression she was in after Edward left her, but now he is taking advantage of that relationship to get her to choose him over Edward. I don’t like the way he’s acting in this book, okay he is in love with her and will do anything to keep her save, but don’t force someone to do something when she’s already choose the love of her life. What Jacob did at the end of the book was so wrong and somewhere deep inside me hopes that he won’t come back.

Like I said I have mixed feeling about this book and I have to be honest that I’m not really looking forward to read the last book. Some part of me wants to read it to see what will happens with all the characters, but the other part is afraid of the disappointment.

2 comments:

Aimee zei

These books are hard. You want to like them but then you get the damsel in distress, two boys who fight over her and give her everything who never get mad or angry with, who never find any fault in her. Blah blah blah! I know tons of people are obsessed, but we've read too many great books for this one to change our world, yes?

Natasja zei

Yeah a lot of people are obsessed with this series. I have to be honest, I really enjoyed reading the books and watching the movies, but I'm not obsessed. This third book is definitely not my favorite, even though Jacob is hot in the movies with his gorgeous abbs, he is the whinner of the characters.

I have to agree with you, we've read to many fabulous books for this one to change our world...so true...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
BLOG DESIGN CREATED BY DESIGNS BY BARBARA. SWIRL BRUSH BY OBSIDIAN DAWN.