dinsdag 1 november 2011

Wendy Huchison - Love for a Vampire

Title : Love for a vampire
Release date : September 15th, 2011
Genre : Paranormal romance

Angel-May Black has been locked in a room for 16 years, a prisoner of her own father. He isn’t a loving person and beats her on a regular basis for as long as she can remember. The only thing she can do is to wait till death claims her. But fate has something else in mind for Angel. She has to hold on till the day she turns eighteen, then she will be rescued by a vampire and a shape-shifter who are hired by her grandmother she never knew she had.

But even then her life isn’t save, when everyone around her has an own agenda. Are they really helpful or do they mean her harm too?

Love for a Vampire by Wendy Huchison is the first novel in a trilogy and I have to say it’s well written. When I read the book description, I was interested and very curious to see what this book was all about. The first few chapters are heavy stuff and I did have some doubts about reading further, but I’m glad I did.

Angels is very young when her mother dies and since that moment she is the prisoner of her violent father. She lives between four walls for as long as she can remember. The only thing bearable for her is her “dreams” of where she meets a young handsome man and sometimes a familiar woman. Are they glimpses from her future or are they just dreams?

My hands itched when I read the scenes of the abuse. How can a father treat his daughter that way, beat her up till she bleeds? No, I didn’t feel any love for that man.

Angel’s connection with her rescuer Zared is huge, although he cannot understand why. He is hired to save her from her father and make sure she arrives safely at her grandmothers, but her soul is calling to him. Angel knows her future depends on him, so she has to convince him to keep her close.

Angel and Zared are fabulous characters and you’re going to love them when you’re further in the book. Their journey isn’t without danger and their growing relationship will be tested every step of the way.

I’m dying to see more of them in the future novels. I know there is more between Angel and Zared then we already seen in this book. Then who or what is Madoc? I hope to find that out in the next novel too.

I’m definitely going to look out for her next novel, hopefully that won’t take too long.

1 comments:

Aurian zei

Wow, you make it sound mysterious.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
BLOG DESIGN CREATED BY DESIGNS BY BARBARA. SWIRL BRUSH BY OBSIDIAN DAWN.