vrijdag 26 november 2010

Christine Feehan - Mind Game


Lily Whitney is slowly discovering what her adoptive father has done with this experiment to many soldiers and before that to small female orphan children, including her. Lily is determined to find all the girls from her past, the ones she spend the first couple years of her life with. She wants to help them with their psychic abilities, so they can have a rightful place in the society. Now she believes she found her best friend Dahlia and the only one who might save her is Nicholas Trevane, one of the Ghostwalkers.

Dahlia Le Blance was only four years old when Dr. Peter Whitney took her in and experimented on her to envelop her psychic gift. Dahlia can absorb people’s emotions, charges them and can release it through violent discharge. In order to keep people around her save she lives in a compound away from civilization where she cannot feel other’s emotions. She only leaves the swamps when the Feds need her to recover stolen information.

Nicholas Trevane is a ghostwalker himself and is send by Lily Whitney to save her friend Dahlia before others find her. He arrives just in time because their enemy is already there and has killed Dahlia’s caretakers and friends.

Mind Game by Christine Feehan is the second novel in her Ghostwalkers series and I loved it.

Dahlia Le Blance is a strong young woman with a powerful gift, but knows it can be dangerous for the people around her. So she lives far away in the swamp and only comes out to do her job. When her home is under attack, she meets Nicholas and knows he is dangerous. But she also learns he is also a product of Dr. Peter Whitney’s experiments and knows she has to trust him to keep her save. Because it appears they have a traitor among the Ghostwalkers.

The attraction between Dahlia and Nicholas is huge and almost dangerous to those around them. Dahlia needs to learn to release her emotional charges without hurting anyone, because if she takes to many emotions, her gift could explode and she fears that she will kill a lot of people. Nicholas is the perfect guy to teach her how to control those emotions and how to let them go.

This is the second novel in this series and I’m already hooked up, I just love the characters of the Ghostwalkers team and their heroines. They are strong, have some great psychic abilities and all determined to see the one responsible getting punished. I was a little surprised to read about another Ghostwalker team and even meeting some of those team members. I think we will be seeing more of them in the future novels too.

2 comments:

Aurian zei

I am glad I just found your blog through another one I am following. I see we still have the same tast in books. I'm going to read your reviews in the coming weeks. All the best wishes to you.

I still love Christine Feehan too, can't wait for the new one in this great series to arrive on my doormat.

Natasja zei

Hi Aurian, I'm glad to see you found your way to my Blob. Have fun reading my reviews. I'm working hard to post some more, I'm a little behind with the writing.

Feehan is one of my favorite authors, she hasn't let me down yet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
BLOG DESIGN CREATED BY DESIGNS BY BARBARA. SWIRL BRUSH BY OBSIDIAN DAWN.