zondag 16 november 2014

Review: Pretty Girl by Amy Heugh


Title: Pretty Girl
Author: Amy Heugh
Release date: July 29th, 2014
Genre: Young Adult

If there were one day that she could change it would be the day she was taken. 

After her parents’ divorce, seventeen-year-old Izzy Scott and her mother move to the old town of St. Augustine to begin a new life, a life beyond the media attention and the memories of the traumatic experiences that left an everlasting affect on their family. 

The former ballerina is trying to adjust to the outside world without suffering a panic attack and exposing, who she is - all while getting through her senior year at a new school. That’s easy to say until she meets local boy Mason Winchester, a boy with a tragic past. 

Mason has a reputation for violence, but a love for motorcycles. At the age of eleven he lost his mother to cancer and from then he has been running from something, but could never really get away. 

Like any other angry teenager, he just wants to be left alone and to have nothing to do with anyone else because he believed that he had nothing to offer. That changes the moment he saw what was in the new girl eyes. 
Tragedy wasn't new to either of their lives but among the secrets and the memories the one thing they both never excepted was to find hope. 

*This book is recommended for readers 18+ for violence, language, and some adult situations.



Pretty Girl by Amy Heugh is a great book with a story full of emotions and traumatic pasts. When I read the book description I knew I had to read it. The book starts a little slow, but when you get further in the book you understand why.


Izzy Scott and Mason Winchester are the main characters and both seniors at the local high school. It seems they have something in common, because both have a troubled past. Maybe that is the reason why they are drawn to each other. But it will take a long time for them to really trust the other to tell the traumatic past they went through.

Slowly the feelings for each other begin to change and grow into something more than just strong friendship. They feel the pain the other have, but keep some distance to let the other deal with the past in their own way. But will they trust each other enough and let the other in?

I have to say that this book blew me away. When their traumatic past is slowly revealed in the book, you really can feel their pain and understand their anger and distance towards other people. I loved Izzy and Mason, although I wanted to slap Mason something for not telling Izzy the first reason he contacted her, but he turned out to be the best thing ever happened to her.


Amy Heugh has written an amazing novel with great characters and a heartbreaking storyline. Even though it’s full of raw emotions, anger and betrayal, it eventually turns into true love and great friendships. I definitely am going to read more of this author in the near future.



Hello. My name is Amy and I’m addicted to anything covered in chocolate.

I’m a Graphic Designer who has a obsession with escaping reality by reading printed works of fiction and tweeting about them. I run early in the mornings because there’s nothing better than a sunrise to start the day. I have two loves of my life. My husband, Lyle who treats me like his queen and my dog, Brandy that treats me every day like I’m a ice cream on a hot summers day.

My dream is to travel the world on a hot air balloon in 80 days (no, really!), to meet and greet different cultures and if I have to hijack a hot air balloon to do so, I would. I need to find a online ‘How to fly a hot air balloon’ course, first.

Oh and I don’t watch TV… like at all. Strange, but so true

Contact Amy Heugh: Twitter or Email


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
BLOG DESIGN CREATED BY DESIGNS BY BARBARA. SWIRL BRUSH BY OBSIDIAN DAWN.