dinsdag 4 maart 2008

Jacquelyn Frank - Elijah


The Demon King’s Warrior, Captain Elijah, has walked into a trap by the group of female enemies and is nearly killed. He is saved by the piercing scream of a wild animal, which sends the enemy into hiding. This wild animal is Siena, Queen of the Lycanthropes. Taken by Siena to a nearby cave she tries to nurse Elijah back to health.

Siena, Queen of the Lycanthropes, a shape shifters race finds Elijah near to death. When she discovers the condition he is in, she knows she doesn’t have the skills to nurse him back to health. So she takes him to a nearby cave and tries to stop the bleeding. The only thing she can do is to prevent Elijah from dying, to avoid the wrath of the Demon King Noah.

When Siena manages to save Elijah, they discover the huge attraction between the two of them. The only problem is that it is against the law for a Demon to mate with anyone outside his own race.
Will they be able to control themselves in each other company? The other problem is to find the treacherous enemies who lured Elijah into a trap and let justice be served. The only way to do that is to join both races together and fight the evil enemy that would destroy them both.

Quote Elijah – Isabella:
“Stop touching me,” he said. “The last thing I need is your insanely husband pounding the stuffing out of me.”
“You know, I used to be a nurturing affectionate person. My unreasonable, domineering husband has to learn to get a grip, Elijah. When are you all going to learn I will do what I want, when I want, and you all can bite me if you don’t like it.”

Elijah by Jacquelyn Frank is the third novel in the Nightwalkers series and it is another fabulous novel. I love the world she created with the different species, the danger and the romance in between.

The main-characters Elijah and Siena meet each other in Gideon’s book and from that moment they feel attracted to each other. But because it is forbidden for a Demon to mate with anyone outside his own race, Elijah stays away from Siena. Nevertheless Destiny has a mind of her own, Elijah walks into a trap on Lycanthrope land and almost get killed. He is saved by Siena, who nurses him back to health to avoid a war with the Demon King Noah. The little time the two of them spend together is enough to set their hearts on fire and leave the mark of true imprinted mates on the both of them. But Siena as Queen of a matriarchal society has no wish for a King. She is determined to avoid destiny and leave Elijah, not knowing it would be so hard.

What I like about this series is the returning parts of the secondary characters, like we saw in the previous novels. Jacob, Isabella and their newborn baby are playing a huge role. Especially because Isabella is close to Elijah, she treats him like her brother and wants him to be the Siddah of her child.
Gideon, the healer of their species and his wife Magdalegna who happens to be one of the powerful Mind Demons. They are helping them in the joining war against the enemy. And let’s not forget Demon King Noah, who won my heart bit by bit during the novels, just being the man he is. Then we have Damien, the vampire prince who drops by to help in every way he can. There are two new characters I believe are very interesting. Syreena, the younger sister of Siena and their good friend Anya, both women will do anything to keep their Queen and friend save.

I don’t have any doubt. I’m a huge fan of Jacquelyn Frank and her Nightwalkers. She definitely holds my attention from the first moment I took the book into my hands. And when you finish the book you want to go straight to the next one, but I have to wait till Damien’s story comes out and I’m quite sure who his heroine will be.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
BLOG DESIGN CREATED BY DESIGNS BY BARBARA. SWIRL BRUSH BY OBSIDIAN DAWN.